Onward Youth Conference
Last Friday, our Reboot Youth Group journeyed to Chatswood to join with more than 300 other youth for KCC’s Onward conference. We were challenged to think about God’s desire for diversity in our churches, united under the Lordship of Jesus! May such teaching govern the hearts of our young people here at St Anne’s!
NAIDOC Week celebrations are held across Australia each July to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. There is a particular proactive stance that Christians can take in these celebrations, knowing that First Australians are the valuable and beautiful creation of our Heavenly Father.
Term 3 Sermon Series
At the end of July, we will be starting our sermon series in the Apostles Creed. It should be a really helpful and uniting series with accompanying bible studies. Please pray for the team putting it all together!
8am Morning Tea
On the third Sunday of the month, our 8am congregation has morning tea after the service. Come and join us for fellowship.
- Pray for our Archbishop Kanishka and Regional Bishop Chris Edwards – may God endow them with wisdom and courage to speak the gospel into every situation God places them.
- A prayer for a multicultural City of Ryde: “God our Father, thank you for the contribution people from many nations make to our City. Thank you for the riches of cultural diversity we enjoy in our community. Please help us to make our city and our churches places of welcome for people from all backgrounds. We pray for those who are struggling to find their place in our community. Help us to support them and to show your love to them in practical ways. Amen.“
- Pray for many Christian organisations struggling to meet budget due to COVID and general price increases. Pray for their decision makers. Pray for wisdom in which organisations you support financially and in prayer, and pray for generosity.
- Pray for our St Anne’s members who are lonely, anxious, grieving, in financial difficulties, or unwell. Ask God to comfort and guide them.
- Pray for David and Corinne as they meet one to one with people from Muslim backgrounds. Praise God that Corinne’s online Bible studies are going well. Pray for preparation for the Reachout missions conference: Beyond Borders, 10-11 September.
- The Mayhews ask for prayer as they walk beside people who are considering/preparing to serve overseas. Pray as they speak at various events and ask God to stir up people to serve cross culturally.
- What a privilege it is to teach our kids and youth and to help fix their eyes on Jesus! Pray for our ministry to children and youth and give thanks for the leaders who are committed to seeing our children spiritually grow.
- Continue to pray for health and aged care workers who are still heavily impacted by COVID.
- Pray for our new federal government as it deals with the energy crisis, cost of living pressures, and foreign policy challenges. Pray for our new local member Jerome Laxale to strive, with others, for justice and compassion.
SOAP Bible Readings
Read Scripture daily, write a few thoughts, an application and then pray.
A Great Resource
These daily devotions, written by Glen Scrivener take the reader through the Bible, pointing to Jesus, warming the heart and encouraging us keep going as a Christian. A big thumbs up from Andrew. You can order a copy from Koorong.
This month’s diocesan magazine, Southern Cross, can be downloaded here