See your friendly shop assistant after each service for Christmas gift ideas ranging from $5 to $5000.
The gift shop will run until 8th December. Click here to see the catalogue.
Men’s Workshop Visit
When: Saturday 23rd November
Where: Meet 3:30pm at St. Anne’s and car pool. (be finished by 7pm)
What: Master toolmaker Jeff will give us a tour of his workshop (including many rare ”antique” machines) and introduce us to some practical engineering methods.
We will look briefly at what the Bible says about work then share Pizza together.
RSVP Essential email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $5 paid on the day
The Psalms: Recommended Resource
I don’t like the term “devotional” commentaries. In my view all Bible commentaries should flow from a devotion (love) for God, his word and his people. And every good Bible commentary will encourage us to grow in our devotion to Jesus, his world and his people. Having said that, I want to recommend one small commentary on Psalms 1-12 that has warmed my heart and spurred me on to love and good deeds. It is called “The way of the righteous in the muck of life” by Dale Ralph Davis. It is pure gold. Davis has a deep scholar’s understanding of the Bible and a pastor’s heart for God’s people in the everyday “muck” of life. He brings out the brilliance and
relevance of the Psalms for our day to day living and in profound ways points us to Jesus. Each chapter splits into about 3 “bite sized” pieces that work well for daily personal Bible reading or reading at your dinner table with others. Buy from Koorong.
- Pray that as a nation we will respond to the drought, bushfires and climate challenges we face by turning to the living God.
- Pray that the current rise of nationalist political movements and the discounting of truth among some world leaders will not lead to the election of extremist parties and leaders.
- Thank God for the freedom we enjoy in Australia. Pray for God’s help to use this freedom wisely and not to abuse it.
- Pray for God’s mercy for our communities in the bush fire season this year.
- Thank God for emergency services personnel and volunteers who have already had a difficult year.
Prayers for those in need
Please pray for Jini and Rosemary’s family.
Ask God to comfort, strengthen and deepen the trust of those who are sick, grieving, or in special need at this time.
What can you buy for $5 from the TEAR catalogue?
SOAP Bible Readings
Read Scripture daily, write a few thoughts, an application and then pray.
Week beginning 11th November
Week beginning 18th November
Song of Songs 1:1-2:7
Song of Songs 2:8-3:5
Song of Songs 3:6-5:1
Song of Songs 5:2-6:3
Songs of Songs 8:5-14
* Psalm 119
Song of Songs 6:4-8:4
Week beginning 25th November
* Sermon Reading
My soul is consumed with longing for your laws at all times. (Psalm 119:20)