2 Little Church Street Project Update
The Wardens have been hard at work on the planning for the new house.
Here is a brief update on where we are at:
- Parish Council and Diocesan approval for the design
- Finance in place through Anglican Finance Board
- Initial survey and plan adjustments to suit site completed
- Initial deposit paid
- Arborist report done and landscape plans prepared
- External selections completed (Bricks, roof, windows, doors etc.)
- Internal selections take 2 full days and will be done on 31st July and 1st August.
- DA (Development Application) in preparation
City of Ryde Prayer Breakfast 2019
Friday 26th July 7 – 8:30am
This year’s speaker, Tim Silberman has chosen the topic “Cultural Diversity and the Community: God’s vision for the world.” Tim will explore the contrast between God’s desire to gather people from every nation and our “birds of a feather flock together” tendencies. He will emphasise the power of the gospel to bring communities together without diminishing cultural diversity.
Tim is a lecturer at Sydney Missionary and Bible College and is involved in training people for local and international ministry. He is passionate about cross cultural engagement.
Tickets cost $30. Click here to book.
Lecture- The Lost World of Genesis 1
Date: Friday, 26 July 2019
Price: No cost
Location: New College, UNSW, Main Common Room
John H. Walton (Ph.D. Hebrew Union College) will begin his lecture by giving attention to biblical authority and how it works. Submitting to biblical authority requires that we be accountable to the biblical authors as those through whom God spoke. Accountability to the biblical author calls for us to pursue an understanding of the text he was writing as well as an understanding of the cultural and literary context. John will then focus on selected issues in interpretation of Genesis 1 beginning with careful attention to the biblical material as the primary source of our information. After having attended to the issues in the text we will check our findings against the ancient Near East for similarities and differences. He will then address specifically the implications of our observations with the primary question of whether the biblical text, read closely and contextually, could be viewed as compatible with modern scientific consensus for people of faith who feel persuaded by the science.
Do believers have to make a choice between science and faith? With that question in mind, we will conclude by suggesting some guidelines for thinking about the integration of science and theology.
The event is free, however we will be providing light refreshments so if you wished to RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Liberty Christian Ministries Events
- Thank God for our Wardens Gail, Judy and Maggie. Pray for them as they manage our building project planning along with their many other areas of ministry.
- Pray for the outreach events on 23rd and 24th August. Pray that the speakers will clearly and faithfully present the brilliant news of Jesus to those who attend.
- Please continue to pray for a suitable Minister to be found to care for our Mandarin congregation.
- Pray for Jini and her brother-in-law Leslie (Rex’s brother) as they both face difficult health challenges. Ask God to grant them and their families grace to cope with these challenges.
- Pray for wisdom for our Federal political representatives as they begin consultations about a referendum to recognise First Australians in our constitution. Pray that this process will be handled well and that significant unity and agreement will result in positive outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
Prayers for those in need
Please pray for Carole, Jini, Margaret B, Robin M, Ken and Leslie. Ask God to comfort, strengthen and deepen the trust of those who are sick, grieving, or in special need at this time.
What is the shortest Psalm in the book of Psalms and how many verses does it have?
SOAP Bible Readings
Read Scripture daily, write a few thoughts, an application and then pray.
Week beginning 15th July
* Hebrews 4:14-15; 7:20-28
Week beginning 22nd July
Week beginning 29th July
* Sermon Reading
^ See Summary of Leviticus at: https://thebibleproject.com/explore/leviticus/