For the next three weeks, we will have our TEAR stall out at morning tea/supper to sell Christmas Cards. The funds raised go to supporting Christian agencies overseas that give help those in poverty and great need. Why not give a Christmas card that makes a big difference across the world. The stall will be at church for the next 3 Sundays.
Stix ‘n’ String
Our knitters and crocheters have been working hard preparing for Christmas. New members of the group have been joining the efforts for next month’s Christmas Stall (Sunday 11 December), where you will be able to purchase some knitted gifts and support ministry initiatives in the world. Give thanks for Stix ‘n’ String – if you’d like to come along, it’s on Tuesday at 1pm.
Andrew and Jess are hosting a Welcome Lunch on Sunday 11 December. As the name implies, the lunch is simply a casual get-together to welcome those who have become part of the St Anne’s family over the past few months. There will be light conversations over drinks and snacks, a lunch and then a time to talk about our church and how everything works.
Exciting news for St Anne’s – our new Assistant Minister Tony and his family moved into their new home in Ryde this week. Praise God for his great provision! Tony’s first day in the office will be 13 December.
Toys ‘n’ Tucker
As a church, St Anne’s is going to be involved in collecting toys and tucker from our neighbours around us. We will be asking our members to connect with people who live in your area, in your street or building and asking them if they’d like to help those in need at Christmas time. It’s a great opportunity to introduce yourself and to let your neighbours know that you are a Christian.
K(NO)W Domestic Abuse
At our October meeting, Parish Council recommitted to the St Anne’s Ryde Policy for Responding to Domestic Abuse (2018) and approved the installation of Anglicare posters with information and contact numbers in all toilet stalls on our property.
In line with the Safe Ministries Policy of our Diocese, we want St Anne’s to be a safe place for our church family and all who come on site.
Click here to read the policy document.
Our mission partners Josh and Nici are heading overseas in January 2023. Their commissioning service will be taking place just before Christmas, please save the date!
What: Josh & Nici Commissioning Service
When: Saturday 17th December, 2:30PM
Where: Wild Street Anglican Church, Maroubra
Afternoon Tea provided
- Praise God for newcomers to our church.
- Pray for our Christmas Services this year – may there be many invitations and many connections with the Lord Jesus.
- Give thanks for our new Assistant Minister, Tony Nguyen.
- Give thanks for our Parish Council and their hard work in passing the 2023 budget.
- Pray for the Youthworks software that will help SRE Co-ordinators to be able to lead our ministry into public schools more effectively and efficiently.
- Pray for those who are sick, especially those who are suffering with COVID as well (yes it’s going around again!)
- A prayer for community volunteers and community service organisations: “God our Father, thank you for the thousands of people who so generously give their time, energy and resources to serve the people of this city. Thank you for the charities that contribute so much to vulnerable community members. Please help each volunteer to know the joy that comes from making a difference in the lives of others and demonstrating reflections of your love in practical ways. Please continue to supply the resources needed so that our community service organisations can continue their work. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.“
SOAP Bible Readings
Read Scripture daily, write a few thoughts, an application and then pray.
A Great Resource
These daily devotions, written by Glen Scrivener take the reader through the Bible, pointing to Jesus, warming the heart and encouraging us keep going as a Christian. A big thumbs up from Andrew. You can order a copy from Koorong.
This month’s diocesan magazine, Southern Cross, can be downloaded here
The Anglican churches in our local area are featuring the same Christmas theme in 2022. This year it is: Christmas Together. We hope it provides an invitation to our community right throughout our region to come and celebrate Christmas together this December. Give thanks to God that Christmas is a season people often think about coming to church – pray that many visitors might come to St Anne’s and connect with their Lord!
4pm – Our kids and families Christmas service. Last year was amazing and we had 43 adults and 32 kids come and join us. Everyone is welcome as part of the St Anne’s Family. This would be a great service to invite any friends and families who have preschool and primary aged kids. This service will be in the Auditorium.
11pm – This will be our Lessons & Carols service, held in our historic Church. Joyful, candle-lit with an organ and a great ‘vibe’, this will be a great service to ring in Christmas Day.
8am – Our English service for Christmas Day, with Lord’s Supper. We will hold this service in the auditorium for accessibility, comfort and air conditioning! Andrew will preach the same sermon as 11pm at this service.
10am – Our Mandarin Christmas service will be held in the hall, with light lunch served after the service.